Appleby United Church is a long standing member of the east Burlington community, this year celebrating 193 years of ministry. We are looking for a reliable, self-motivated individual who, working with minimal supervision, can clean and provide event management support in our facility. This position is 35 hours per week.
- Perform cleaning of church premises to include sanctuary, vestibule, church hall, meeting rooms, washrooms, kitchen and office areas.
- Restock all washroom supplies as required, monitor and order cleaning supplies.
- Empty garbage and recycle bins and place outside for scheduled pick up.
- Set up and dismantle tables and chairs for meetings and activities as scheduled.
- Secure premises as required following functions taking place outside of church office hours.
- Ability to meet physical demands of cleaning/janitorial tasks such as lifting or moving heavy objects, standing, bending, sweeping, mopping and vacuuming floors.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to deal with parishioners and general public.
- Previous janitorial experience an asset.
- Some flexibility with work hours is required to occasionally accommodate evening or weekend event bookings.
- A criminal background check will be required of the successful applicant.
Competitive compensation including employer paid basic group benefits.
Submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and please put “Custodian” in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.